Provider Relief Fund phase 4

Does anyone know the criteria to qualify for this phase. I tried a couple of times to find out but got lost in the maze of so many links and web pages.
Thank you in advance :pray:t2:

1 Like

I’m not sure about all the qualifications, but I have been told that since we don’t take Medicaid, we are not eligible.

2 Likes

Other than taking Medicaid, the criteria for funding is opaque. Even after completing our application, it is unclear how much, if any, fuding we will qualify for. So in short, you just have to apply and see what happens.

2 Likes

I also don’t have a Medicaid contract, and I emailed and called our state (CA) medical association and could get nothing more than referred back to the criteria on the website, which CONFLICTINGLY says “ALL” physicians are eligible though the description excludes us. One staffer suggested I just apply and see what happens. Clearly that staffer has no idea how onerous the task can be.

1 Like

Who Is Eligible To Apply? (from [Future Payments | Official web site of the U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration]
Also helpful advice from HRSA - click the blue bar that says +What Does Provider Mean?

Phase 4 General Distribution: To be eligible to apply, the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:

1. Must fall into one of the following categories:
  2. Must have either directly billed, or owns (on the application date) an included subsidiary that has directly billed, their state/territory Medicaid program (fee-for service or managed care) or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for health care-related services during the period of January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020; or
  3. Must be a dental service provider who has either directly billed, or owns (on the application date) an included subsidiary that has directly billed, health insurance companies or patients for oral health care-related services during the period of January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020;
  4. Must have either directly billed, or owns (on the application date) an included subsidiary that has directly billed, Medicare fee-for-service (Parts A and/or B) or Medicare Advantage (Part C) for health care-related services during the period of January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020;
  5. Must be a state-licensed/certified assisted living facility on or before December 31, 2020;
  6. Must be a behavioral health provider who has either directly billed, or owns (on the application date) an included subsidiary that has directly billed, health insurance companies or patients for health care-related services during the period of January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020;
  7. Must have received a prior Targeted Distribution payment.
  8. Must have either (i) filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2018, 2019, or 2020, or (ii) be an entity exempt from the requirement to file a federal income tax return and have no beneficial owner that is required to file a federal income tax return (e.g. a state-owned hospital or health care clinic); and
  9. Must have provided patient care after January 31, 2020; and
  10. Must not have permanently ceased providing patient care directly, or indirectly through included subsidiaries; and
  11. If the applicant is an individual that was providing patient care, have gross receipts or sales from providing patient care reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 1, excluding income reported on a W-2 as a (statutory) employee.

ARP Rural Distribution: In accordance with the statutory requirements, to be eligible to apply for ARP Rural Payments, the applicant or at least one subsidiary TINs must be:

1. A rural health clinic as defined in section 1861(aa)(2) of the Social Security Act; or
  2. A provider treated as located in a rural area pursuant to section 1886(d)(8)(E), such as critical access hospitals; or
  3. A provider or supplier that:
  4. Has directly billed for health care-related services between January 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020:
    1. Medicare fee-for-service (Parts A and/or B);
    2. Medicare Advantage (Part C)
    3. Their state/territory Medicaid program (fee-for service or managed care); or
    4. Their state/territory Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) ; and
  5. Operates in or serves patients living in the HHS Federal Office of Rural Health Policy’s (FORHP) definition of a rural area:
    1. All non-Metro counties;
    2. All Census Tracts within a Metropolitan county that have a Rural-Urban Commuting Area (RUCA) code of 4-10. The RUCA codes allow the identification of rural Census Tracts in Metropolitan counties;
    3. 132 large area census tracts with RUCA codes 2 or 3. These tracts are at least 400 square miles in area with a population density of no more than 35 people per square mile; and
    4. 295 outlying Metropolitan counties with no Urbanized Area population.

Payments from both programs can be used for lost revenues or eligible expenses incurred dating back to from Jan. 1, 2020 which are not obligated to be reimbursed from another funding source .

2 Likes