Post Your Practice Photos Here!

It looks like it is about $300 per kit retail wise. Do you get any discounts for it? And are you sending them to each family to keep or just during the COVID crisis?

Thanks and Stay safe and healthy!

Scott Wissman
Wonder Years Pediatrics

No, there’s no discount for the kit even if you buy in bulk which we did. We sent it to each family to keep forever. We wanted these pre-Covid because our families travel to their beach homes for summer. So, this will work well after the pandemic.

They pay the $300. It is not mandatory to be a part of our practice but most families have chosen to participate. One kit per family (not per child).

Heidi

We love the Tytocare setups. We own a few loaner devices that we’ve used for ‘send home’ use to do serial followups on patients we are trying to keep out of the hospital with a ‘high tech’ adaptation of the house call. It’s an approach we put into beta test prior to COVID19 and have not moved into full implementation. It may be a Game Changer for the TytoCare company. You can no longer get the setups on Amazon, but I envision them coming back with a new business model adaptation soon. The price point is ~300$ and with the explosion of Telehealth and the winter ‘curve’ we’ll all be flattening, insurance may even cover the tool to help parents do better visits.

Unfortunately for us, now the practice has to buy the platform so we pay a pretty high annual fee but our patients do not mind sharing the cost. We research every option and this is definitely the best. I hope some competition will come up to make it more reasonable for other practices to offer.

Like many practices, we’re using social media to let people know that we’re still there for them.

8 Likes

I love this post!

1 Like

This is one of our more recent FB Posts

We also included a Facebook video of a 10 minute kid friendly exercise (with my kids of course) as patients have been saying they cant get exercise since things are closed. This week my cousin and martial arts instructor will send me one of him exercising with his kids for us to post.

1 Like

Posted to our FB and IG pages…“Dr. Burr doesn’t always wear full PPE to go outside…but when she needs to, we’ve got her covered.” Little Rock Pediatric Clinic

1 Like

Video with clips promoting immunizations. Little Rock Pediatric Clinic

1 Like

Little Rock Pediatric Clinic’s Instagram post participating in the health department’s #weARcovered campaign.

1 Like

A friend made me this awesome facemask yesterday from an old PCC t-shirt!

3 Likes

I like the FB post about masks! We are having some trouble with parents wearing masks. Thanks for the idea!

Prepping for parking lot vaccine clinic for Green Mountain Pediatrics on Friday, May 22. First day of “summer” in VT, thus more casual attire since I spent 80% of the time outdoors. Very successful and families loved it. Planning that we’ll likely have flu clinics this fall in this manner but instead of just me, the doc, giving vaccines, it will be an experience RN and myself. It is a little trickier and wanted to test it as we don’t need any inadvertent needle stick injuries for staff

4 Likes

This is awesome!

We are getting a lot of new patients and babies which is a great thing! We realize with all our staff wearing masks, our new patients have no idea what we normally look like. Is anyone wearing pictures of themselves? Looking for ways to do this, that isn’t a button that will poke holes in clothes. Thinking about a badge clip, but wanted to see what others have come up with.

1 Like

1 Like

Dr. Smith,

I wanted to let you know that one of our patients was successful at getting TytoCare covered by insurance. Now, this family has the best insurance/health coverage package I have ever seen so I don’t know if this is a one off thing, but I thought I would share. I might try to see if I can contact other of our patient’s plans to see if they would cover/reimburse the patients.

Heidi

At Briarpatch Pediatrics we repurposed our sick waiting room into new work space with adult size “legos” from the Everblock manufacturer!

6 Likes

Very nice…great way to block off space in the office…

1 Like