James Rice and Katherine Edwards: Pediatricians and primary care practices are

5 Likes

Dr Rice

Very well said. Pediatric practices are experts in giving vaccines unlike the Walgreens, CVS or Kroger or even Disney.
We have given 100 doses of COVID vaccines to date and have no more doses. I am trying my best to get 1000+ doses a day to immunize with a drive through operation.

Your article said you gave 15K flu shots in a 3 month period. I am curious to learn about your workflow - preregistration, insurance verification, vaccine admin etc. Which EMR do you have?

2 Likes

We currently have Greenway Intergy but are transitioning to eCW in February. For our drive through flu vaccine clinics this fall we actually used eventbrite for registration in advance. Our staff verified insurance and determined VFC status prior to the clinic. We have staff document and enter the data in our state immunization registry. With eCW we hope to be able to do registration through the system directly.

Dr Rice, I have ECW. I’m trying to seamlessly ie minimal staff intervention, do appointment, demographics, shots, follow ups.

Mr. S. Ramchandra
Bay Colony Pediatrics
2251 Fm 646 Rd West, Ste 155
Dickinson, Texas 77539
281-614-2445

Dr Rice, we will never transition to ECW in Feb. For us it could be the height of sick season and it takes about 4-6 months to get completely comfortable with the EMR. If the date is cast in stone, get ECW to give you a “sand box” version of ECW - fully functional version to play with and train everyone.