Daily Care Message 04/09/20 (Emotional Well Being)

To :

We care about you .

“Be strong enough to stand alone, be yourself enough to stand apart, but be wise enough to stand together when the time comes” – Mark Amend

Know the Five Signs

I have the privilege to be a member of the 5B Suicide Prevention Alliance, a collaboration of Blaine County organizations and individuals focused on building a resilient county through increasing awareness, understanding, and action around suicide prevention. Additionally, we hope our efforts help reduce the stigma of mental health issues in our community so that those in need receive the care and support they deserve. By sharing information and having open community dialog we are encouraging people to understand that our emotional well-being is just as important as our physical well-being, I thought it would be important to share this education with my own St. Luke’s family, to turn the lens inward and make sure we are taking the best care of you.

A few years ago, with the support of changedirection.org, we launched our Know the Five Signs community outreach initiative, educating on how to recognize the Five signs of emotional distress and the actions we can take to stay healthy. If you recognize that someone in your life is suffering, we encourage you to reach out, inspire hope, and offer help and conversely, if you are struggling, please reach out to someone and ask for help.
image1 image2

Practicing the healthy habits of emotional well-being is one good way to build your resilience, the ability to adapt well in the face of adversity, trauma, and stress. The development of resilience takes time, intentionality, and practice, but is a powerful protective factor is facing life’s challenges. We’ll talk more about resilience next week.

For more information about Know the Five Signs and the Five Healthy Habits of Emotional Well-being, visit changedirection.org or feel free to connect with me directly to learn more about our local initiative.

Helpful Resources:

1 Like