Pfizer Is The First To The Plate

I heard from multiple sources last night that Pfizer is the first of the vaccine companies to step to the plate and change terms to allow pediatricians to stay open.

Executive summary:
"They are extending the payment terms for Prevnar and Trumenba by 30 days (from 75 days to 105 days). All orders placed between 1/1/2020 thru 5/31/2020 are eligible. All other terms remain in place. "

That’s a start. Insufficient, I suspect, but someone had to be first.

Pfizer_Temporary Payment Terms Adjustment_March 26 2020_Final.pdf (125.0 KB)

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything from Pfizer yet, so this is awesome news!! I’ve reached out to GSK and Merck and I was told they are talking about extending the payment terms.

Thank you!

I spoke to Pfizer few days ago. They informed me that they will extend the payment but you have to submit a request and they will go from there.
Regards,
Joanna

Joanna, check out the attached PDF - it indicates that the process will be automatic, I believe. Let me know if I’ve got it wrong!

According to their website it will be automatic, here is the message posted on the homepage:
Important Message:

Effective March 26, 2020, all open invoices dated January 1, 2020 or later for Pfizer vaccines for physicians, clinics, and group practices will automatically have an additional 30 days payment terms added to them. No action is required on your part. No new invoices will be issued so we recommend you simply make note of the additional 30 days on your current invoice. Additionally, all NEW orders for these customers placed between March 26 and May 31, 2020 will have extended payment terms of 105 days with the 2% prompt pay discount. Please click here for more information.

I checked my outstanding invoices, and they have been flagged with the additional 30 days.

1 Like

Sanofi Pasteur has also responded to address requests for extended payment terms. Here is an excerpt from the notice from one physician buying group:

On Friday we received word from Sanofi Pasteur that, effective immediately, they will work with all customers to mitigate the financial problem caused by our decreased revenue and our inability to administer many vaccines due to the postponement of well-care visits. While Sanofi is not publishing a formal response, they do have a good plan in place and have provided us with the details, which will be quite helpful to our members.

Your Sanofi sales representative has specific information. You may also call Sanofi customer service at 1-800-VACCINE (1-800- 822-2463) for help with your account. We did verify with customer service that they are ready to assist with your requests.

We hope you find this information helpful.