Webinar Takeaways!

During the final COVID webinar last night, @Paulie and I asked folks to share their biggest takeaways from the series and we received answers from well over half the attendees! I took a few minutes to organize some of them and clean them up obvious typos. Take a look:

About the AAP:

• AAP has been strong !!!
  • the AAP is really there for even little me, pediatricians and their staff are a great support system, market yourself, recall strategies
  • ADVOCACY for Pediatricians
  • My biggest takeaway was that the AAP is ACTUALLY working for us for the first time in my 25 years of practice!
  • yes!! thankful for the AAP advocacy!
  • Renewed faith in the AAP for sure

About cash flow, budgeting, and planning:

• Watch your Budget!
  • Stay on top of cash!
  • BUDGET!!!
  • Weekly budget
  • ppp and budget sheet
  • budgeting!
  • Cash flow and budgets.
  • The “Cash-is-King” Budget was the best planning tool we had.
  • Weekly budget and projections for the future
  • Don’t panic:: breathe and budget and apply for the PPP! (we got the loan).
  • Cash is king, communication, safety in numbers, never doubt your ability to change.
  • The “Cash-is-King” Budget was the best planning tool we had.
  • the financial advice on the front end of the webinars! priceless!
  • Advice to apply for monies NOW… in March!
  • cash is king
  • CASH IS KING
  • Many more but 1 for now… A nudge to spend 4 hours and fill out the Cares Act paperwork and have the relief payment fulfilled to pretty much the exact amount you estimated. :+1:. Thanks again to you, Paulie, Susan, and everyone who contributed. #PayItForward
  • Paulie’s recommend to get Line of Credit on week one; having done that gave me the confidence that I would survive, That gave me the confidence I needed; that and how right Paulie and Chip were in the majority of their statements, reinforced that following their sugeestions is the way to go.

About Leadership and Communication:

• So glad to see some NEW faces on this slide. We NEED New Blood as we create new solutions in our future
  • Communicate with staff
  • Leadership and communication are key!
  • Those who fail to plan, plan to fail - our fearless leaders have saved us!!!
  • Take care of patients, staff and our docs
  • “continue swimming even when you’re drowning”
  • That we can do this, call your patients, talk to your partners and your staff.
  • what to watch for and how to continue to have hope about our futures
  • You cannot change the situation but you can control your response to it…get active and look for opportunities.
  • Among numerous take aways: while it is imperative to know what to do in the ultimate sometimes it is best just to know what to do next………Thanks for all the “what do to next” points.
  • my biggest takeaway is that it is still possible to be an independent practice and survive. Boo to the big hospital practices and bean counters that we can’t do this. We can. We are very intelligent people and we have an important, rewarding job taking care of children - our future.
  • These webinars were great! Very informative and kept me “alive”. I was very anxious about the future but these meetings and the great advice got me through it! I did NOT drown!!!
  • All the great ideas on how to communicate with patients when they’re terrified
  • For me-the info provided and literally feeling like my hand was being held step by step to make it through this and knowing that I’m not alone! Nneka’s presentation and seeing how she handles her practice!
  • Cash flow, leadership and communication with staff, the information about the PPP and the Cares Act, recall and outreach.
  • This is NOT a sprint…it is a Marathon!
  • communication with staff, communication with patients
  • FUTURE PREDICTION: We will need each other in the coming months. WHO will be the ones stepping up to keep this Next-Gen Collaborative Success Story going. Go to the FORUM and VOLUNTEER to lead discussion, give away expertise, do the research and the industry surveillance. WHO IS PICKING UP THE BATON now that Chip and Paulie are ready to hand it off to us.
  • Affirmation again that the pediatric community is such a uniquely supportive and collaborative family with each others best interest and overall success to care for their kids and families.
  • Take care of staff and they’ll take care of children and families!

About Patient Recall and Marketing Your Practice:

• Pump up the WCC volume
  • Outreach for families to schedule Well Visits in order to stay afloat!
  • Dr. Una - call your patients and invite them in!
  • Recall strategies
  • Get people in for well visits
  • Well visits. Well visits. Well visits
  • recall, recall
  • Bring in the well checks! We have been bringing in tons of well checks - awesome staff - thanks for being cheerleaders to help us know that we can do it!!
  • recall, recall,recall
  • survival and well exams go hand in hand
  • get on social media and tell people what you are doing to keep them safe.
  • all my colleagues and I made a bio video because it was suggested on this forum
  • Marketing, and budgeting. My office took this time for growth in areas that we never made time for.
  • Marketing on social media! Sharing our knowledge on our pages = making ourselves known as knowledgeable physicians. Like he said. Run our business like a business!
  • Loved seeing other pediatricians’ outreach to patients with videos, Facebook, phone calls etc. Fun!
  • Marketing on social media! Sharing our knowledge on our pages = making ourselves known as knowledgeable physicians. Like he said. Run our business like a business!

And most importantly, and popularly, enjoy these comments about The Pediatric Community:

• We are in this together!
  • support from our fellow pediatricians
  • I am not alone!!!
  • Were in this together and can learn a lot from each other
  • every in the same boat
  • that pediatricians are great people who support each oher and their patients
  • community during a crisis
  • We got this!
  • HOPE
  • I am not alone!
  • There is hope!
  • Be nice to each other :blush:
  • Support and encouragement from everyone else going through the same thing!
  • There is a community of Pediatricians who are willing to help each other
  • We have been all in same boat and by your guidance we are still cruising through
  • We can do this!
  • Biggest Takeaway: We’re stronger with our aggregated wisdom. When we GIVE IT AWAY, it comes back to us 1000-fold. We compete far more than we we cooperate. I’ve learned that I need to give more away to help the aggregated group win more.
  • sharing of experiences, data, and loan information
  • Support we were on the right track
  • Wading thru the PPP & EIDL, and not giving up with the support & stories of others.
  • Overall, the reassurance that we were going to pull through this
  • We are stll alive…!
  • We can do this! We are pediatricians!
  • This is an amazing “Lifeboat “- what an amazing group of people! We will get through this!!!
  • We’re stronger when we support one another (in addition to all the practical real time guidance and information that kept us up to date. PPP, Cares Act, budgeting, etc…
  • Not just the camaraderie, also the explanations of the programs!,
  • you gave us hope and guidance in the worst situation anyone of us has ever seen!! thank you so much
  • Love the camaraderie
  • We felt good knowing we weren’t missing any relief or ideas because these webinars have covered everything!
  • The sense of community, sharing of ideas and know we are all in this together!!
  • We can make it through together with the same problems
  • That there is a brotherhood and sisterhood among pediatricians that reflects Who we Are and Why we are Pediatricians -Why we love what we do !
  • Feeling appreciated as a pediatrician
  • These weekly webinars have guided us through the unknown, allowing us to swim against this Covid tide and stay afloat. You two also reminded us weekly what a great job we have.
  • I am a relatively new manager (3y) and these webinars and this forum have been so helpful. The advice, expert recommendations, and the sense of community has really helped me keep my perspective. I’ve learned a lot and I am truly grateful to have participated.
  • encouragement and reassurance was great for all of us . Loved Dr.Una and her advice especially to allow yourself to dare to do new things and just try (telemedicine and reaching out to patients not passively waiting )
  • Learned that we are not alone - there are so many of us who are “in this together.” Grateful for the fellowship, sharing and support. Many thanks to our hosts and to all attendees.
  • The best thing I have learned through this is we are not alone and we are in this together.
  • attending as an office manager and wishing I wasn’t at the end of my career as am so impressed by the camaraderie shown by these pediatricians and willingness to share information

Thank YOU! Remember - “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.”

Thank you Thank you to Paulie and Chip and Susan and Dr Una /Sogol and everyone else. I am a solo physician in a rural community with a big corporate presence…and I could never have done this without you all. #payitforwardforsure. I truly hope there will be more webinars even if once a month…