Problems with eCW upgrade to 11.5

We were just upgraded to version 11.5 in the exe version. There are LOTS of problems with it, many of which eCW is aware. They have a patch coming. I highly recommend you do not upgrade until the patch is available.

Thanks so much for this. Just attended ecw"s “Making the Most of V11.5” webinar and during the q & a, subscribers FREQUENTLY commented that their SAM (STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER) recommended waiting. Of course the presenters “begged to differ”. I am WAITING.

Have the kinks been worked out yet?

Unfortunately, the many issues for the 11.5 version persist. We are awaiting the “patch.”

Regarding the issues with version 11.50, there is now a patch available. It is version 11.52. I am hoping to have it installed next week. It is supposed to go out to everyone by the end of the month.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up. They downgraded us to 11.52. I recommend that before they make the changes they tell you/us what problems the other practices had.
It would be even better if they don’t change to 11.52 until they have all the patches.
Is your practice correctly listed on healow? Do you allow patients to register/schedule appts. via healow?
Thank you,

We received our patch and things are much better. We do not allow patients to register/schedule appointments on healow.

Dr Segall, Dr Ruben
What issues did you have have with Healow Open Access? I use it often especially for COVID vaccines.

I am sorry I did not see your message earlier. When patients looked up my name, they could not find me. If they did, the location/zip code was wrong.
How do you use it for Covid vaccines? is it just for patients of your practice or also non patients who qualify for the vaccines? Can they upload supporting documentation to prove that they belong to the phase 1a, 1b or 1c?
Thank you

“When patients looked up my name, they could not find me. If they did, the location/zip code was wrong.”
Looked up where? If you mean Healow, get ECW to fix it.

I never use Healow as the medium to search for us. In the search engine world, Healow is the size of a virus. I use Google for people to find us, then take them to our website, then take them to appointment process via a link in the website with Healow or something else. Or we text them our website url.

How do you use it for Covid vaccines? is it just for patients of your practice or also non patients who qualify for the vaccines? Can they upload supporting documentation to prove that they belong to the phase 1a, 1b or 1c?

I have given out 60 vials, 30 with Healow, 30 without, with our own appointment/ demographic system. Nothing is perfect. With Healow, open access people make appointments are are then taken to healow contact less check in to get demographics. There is less manual entry into ECW, but is highly prone to errors. With our system, there are less errors but pain of entry into ECW. One can collect all kinds of data. With our system we can do about 100 shots a day. With ECW I can do 1000 shots say a day/ week at our drive through clinic but after we spend a few days cleaning up data. I tweaked ECW Healow to give us 1 appointment per minute. Plus made more changes to messenger, and contact less check in. Our system was created using Google Forms and Calendly by my high school daughter in a few hours. I have demoed all major vaccination software programs out there from $300/ month to $250,000 and ours is as good and free. The biggest plus with ECW is their integration, but Healow is a very poor program.

In Texas, everyone can get a covid vaccine now so qualification is not an issue. Even in the past, no one had to prove anything. We collect images of documents through our texting program.

So what code are you billing when giving the vaccine? Also, did you already have a freezer capable of storing the Pfizer vaccine?

~WRD0000.jpg

I am not using Healow Open Access currently.

Vaccine admin codes depend on the vaccine and the dose. You don’t bill for the vaccine as its free.

I have never given the Pfizer vaccine. I do not have the -90 freezer. You can keep it in a regular freezer for 2 weeks. In Texas, they ship out solid CO2 also, so you really don’t need the ultra low freezer.

Here’s the storage info from Pfizer
Vaccine freezer storage: Upon receiving the shipper, unpack the vaccine and place in a freezer
that is maintaining temperatures at -25 to -15 degrees Celsius (-13 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit) for
up to two weeks (14 days); cumulative time at this temperature must be tracked. The vaccine
may be returned one time to ultra-cold temperatures. The vaccine can be moved to the
refrigerator anytime within 14 days and used within five days (120 hours). Do not refreeze.
Vaccine storage with this option would be up to 14 days at freezer temperatures, plus 5 days in
the refrigerator (up to 19 days total). Discard vaccine if not used within storage timelines.