We are looking to hire a company to do a limited chart review to see if 6 providers in our practice are accurately following new coding guidelines.
Potentially we may also want this audit company to do an end to end review to audit our billing/reimbursement process as well.
Here’s my advice because we do this often in house:
- Make sure you are billing for all services done
- Make sure that the billers are billing accurately
- Make sure your getting paid according to your contract
- Make sure that the back office staff does their part
- Make sure your doctors are documenting and coding at the proper level
- Make sure that the front office obtains current and accurate demographics/insurance
- Make sure that the check out staff is collecting balances, copays and scheduling follow ups
- Make sure that the schedulers are registering new patients efficiently
You can call me anytime for questions or advice 818-451-9394. We have a good system.