CARES Act Provider Relief Fund - Application Guidance Document

If we are on a fiscal year, for our Quickbooks report and reference year, should we be using 2019 or 10/1/18-9/30/19 or something different?
I apologize if this has already been asked elsewhere?
Thank you
Melissa Schwartz, MD

Let’s say you are using a non-calendar year as a practice tax year, 10/1/18-9/30/19. If you’ve filed a tax return for these dates, use it (if not, you’d use 10/1/17-9/30/18).

The percent-by-payer-revenue report would be run for your matching fiscal year date range (not the calendar year.)

In general, the IRS considers a consecutive 12-month period starting in 2018 as your “2018” tax return, even if the period doesn’t end in 2018. Similarly 10/1/17-9/30/18 is considered your “2017” tax return.

This is a really good question. I should add it to the guidance. Thanks!

Thank you!!
And… A brief follow up question…
For the one year report by payors, should we then also use the fiscal year?
Same with quickbooks report?

Thanks!!

ignore that, answered above, thank you

In our PCC daysheet report by month, due to an additional 0.5 provider and a huge one time Carefirst bonus, and AMAZING FAST BILLING TEAM, our 2020 total is higher than our 2019 total for March and April.
Will this prevent our receiving the cares medicaid $?
Thank you

No. Please see p. 25 of the guidance document where this is discussed.

Thank you for your expertise and guidance both here in the Forum and on the video chats. Your Guidance document was a wonderful resource in applying and completing the application for funds. Any idea how long it will take? Has anyone completed the application and attestation yet? Once again Kudos for your efforts to assist your fellow pediatricians. Chip is correct in his rating!! 5 stars

Based on how long it took Medicare recipients to receive the second Medicare distribution after THEY submitted THEIR documents, it could be anywhere from 2-6 weeks after you submit.

I submitted my application and the wrong FTE worksheet uploaded and I didn’t realize until it was submitted. The numbers on the actual application were correct, but the FTE worksheet that uploaded is incomplete and not correctly done. Is there any way to correct this?

There is no way to submit corrections. AAP has been quite vocal about a mechanism to submit corrections after a good-faith submission had errors.

The number of FTE you have will not affect the amount of money you get, so I suspect this kind of error will not affect your application being approved. If it is denied, you should be given an opportunity to correct the error.

Thank you for your speedy reply and thoughts.

Jill Weiner MD (aka Jill Norris)
Colorado Children’s Medical Group, P.C.

C: 303-810-2501

W: 303-369-6977

| SKB Physician
June 30 |

• | - |

There is no way to submit corrections. AAP has been quite vocal about a mechanism to submit corrections after a good-faith submission had errors.

The number of FTE you have will not affect the amount of money you get, so I suspect this kind of error will not affect your application being approved. If it is denied, you should be given an opportunity to correct the error.

Has anyone else filled out the application and received a signed Docusign document with a Reference ID and then on the CARES portal it’s still showing that you need to fill out and sign the application? Should we fill it out again?

Image of what our portal still looks like is attached.
CARES QUESTION.pdf (47.6 KB)

This is expected. See pp. 44-46 of the guidebook, “What to Expect.”

The Handbook version on the AAP website (https://services.aap.org/globalassets/documents/cares_medicaid_and_chip_provider_relief_fund_application_guide.pdf) only has up to page 43. Will look for a more recent version to get the remainder pages. Thanks!

Look at the link at the top of this thread.

Yeah, I got it. Thanks so much!

Despite placing a (+) in the “loss” answer space and unable to edit, we still received the grant! Thankful.

Okay PMI Forum community, we submitted on June 22, nothing yet. What timeframe is everyone else seeing from submission to receipt of funds?

We were under 3 weeks. Applied the day it opened and received the $ on the 4th. It did not go into the account we listed on the application and we didn’t receive notification we had gotten the money until 2 days after it posted. So keep checking your accounts. I’m sure things slowed down with July 4th holiday as well.

1 Like